Including but not limited to, IPNA (Integrated Physical Needs Assessments), Energy Audits, TR8 Inspections, Passive House Consulting, LEED Checklist.
Integrated Physical Needs Assessments (IPNAs – formerly GPNAs) – Integrates energy and water audit protocols into a full roof-to-basement assessment of physical needs to ensure that the holistic needs of a property are addressed. KOW Building Consultants is approved by both New York City’s Housing Preservation Department (HPD) and Housing Development Corporation (HDC) to provide IPNAs for affordable housing properties participating in the Green Preservation Program. The IPNA report includes:
- the description and evaluation of existing conditions
- identification of critical, short term, and long term physical needs including energy efficiency and water conservation measures
- evaluation of energy and water consumption and building systems
- a recommended scope of work and preliminary cost estimates, including recommendations for EEWC measures
- a replacement cost schedule
- recommendations for building maintenance practices and measures that promote healthy living conditions, such as the use of sustainable materials and integrated pest management practices
· Energy Audits – Whether you are looking for ways to reduce your operating expenses, improve comfort and profitability or simply upgrade systems, and energy audit is the first step for a comprehensive assessment of the current energy consumption and energy related systems to make the most cost-effective upgrades. KOW provides ASHRAE Level 2 energy audits for buildings and portfolios of all sizes.
· Enterprise Green Communities (EGC) – EGC helps developers, investors, builders and policymakers make the transition to a green future for affordable housing. KOW can assist you to ensure your project complies with the EGC criteria.
· NYSERDA Multifamily Performance Program (MPP) – As an official NYSERDA Multifamily Building Solutions Provider, KOW can assist your new construction and rehabilitation developments to achieve financial incentives for meeting energy savings targets. In addition to the base NYSERDA programs, we can also hold charrettes to determine any other NYSERDA programs your buildings may be eligible for, including but not limited to: Real Time Energy Monitoring (RTEM); Heat Pump Demonstration Study; Solar Program (NY Sun); Buildings of Excellence (BOE)
· ENERGY STAR – As a requirement for EGC 2020 New Construction projects, KOW can also assist with ENERGY STAR certification, including development design review, construction review, testing and verification, and final submission
· Phase 1 Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) – KOW can assist with the completion of ASTM Standard analysis of present and past subject property uses to assess the presence of any recognized environmental concerns. Analysis includes records review, site reconnaissance, and personnel interviews
· Sustainable Building Design and Retrofit Services – We can help you initiate energy conservation retrofits to reduce energy consumption and the cost of heating, cooling, and lighting buildings.
· TR8 Inspections – KOW can help perform required Energy Code Progress Inspections, as well as conduct development design reviews and closeout reports to ensure all required items are understood by all members of the project team and goals align in concert with TCO goals.
· Energy Modeling – process of building computer models of energy systems in order to analyze them.
· LEED Checklist – Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) is among the leading green building criteria worldwide. There is a detailed and specific process to achieve LEED ratings for a project and KOW will be your guide from start to finish.
· Passive House Consulting – Passive House is the highest standard in building envelope and system design. These buildings use 50-90% less energy than those implementing conventional building techniques. Our Certified Passive House Consultants are here to walk through this process to help you achieve the highest building standards in the most cost-effective manner for your project. Our on-site verifiers guarantee quality assurance of these cutting-edge technologies during construction. Passive House Consulting – On-site verification of key Passive House quality assurance indicators during construction.